Specs & Key Features
- Signal System
- Recording Formats:
- 720/24p, 720/25p, 720/30p, 720/50p, 720/60p, 480/24p, 480/60i
- Image Device
- 3-CCD, 1/3
- 3-CCD, 1/3
- 3.5" LCD Monitor- Available with studio kit and ENG monitor.
- Shutter Speed Range 1/8 - 1/10,000 Seconds
- 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 dB Gain selection
- Input and Output Connectors:
- FireWire: 6-Pin (x1 Input, x1 Output)
- Component Video: 3-BNC (x1 Output)
- Composite Video: RCA (x1 Output)
- Audio Input: XLR (x2)
- Audio Output: RCA (x1)
- Headphones: Stereo Mini (x2)
- Remote: DIN 6-Pin
- Weight 8.2lbs
- Fujinon and Canon Lens options available
The JVC GY-HD250U Professional HDV Camcorder is the ultimate version of JVC's ProHD camera, featuring HD-SDI, Timecode and Genlock connections. The initial version, the GY-HD100U was the first HDV camera to record true progressive images at 24 frames a second while maintaining a professional style ENG form factor. All previous features have been included in this model along with a wide array of extras that will increase overall usability.
One of the most notable improvements is the capability of recording 60 full progressive frames per second. Other features include a 14-bit A/D converter for increased picture quality, an enhanced DSP, an Anton Bauer Gold-Mount battery plate, enhanced cinema gammas for film-outs, and a built-in image flip function. Additionally, the camera can be converted into a studio camera by using the optional KA-HD250U studio adapter.